[Building Sakai] How to Configure Sakai 2.5.x src into Eclipse

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Wed Apr 22 23:16:42 PDT 2009

Hi all.

Recently we have followed the official document and I think that we
already have the Eclipse correctly configured with the sources. We are
able to debug code with breakpoints in Eclipse while using Sakai in a
browser.

However, we aren't still able to deploy the code into Tomcat with
Eclipse. We launch the "mvn clean install" in the command line in order
to do this.

Is there any way in Eclipse to deploy into Tomcat the modified code?

Thanks in advance.

Yan-hong Lin escribió:
> hi Praveen,
>
> It's hard to setup one project to maintenance whole sakai sources.
>
> In sakai-src directory, have many sub-directories, for the most part
> are Sakai Tools.
>
> So we can find configured Eclipse project(s) in each Sakai Tools
> sub-directory.
>
> Please refer the official document [ Import Sakai source code into
> Eclipse
> <http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/BOOT/Import+Sakai+source+into+Eclipse> ],
>
> some important step like setup M2_REPO classpath variable in Eclipse
> must be done,
> and the project dependency need to satisfy.
>
>     Yan-hong Lin
>

> 2009/4/23 Praveen Vasudev <vasudev.praveen at gmail.com
> <mailto:vasudev.praveen at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi,
>         I am new to sakai and i am really interested to know more
>     about sakai .Can you provide information on how to configure Sakai
>     2.5.x src into Eclipse.
>     1. which type of project should i create in eclipse to before
>     importing the sakai src(Java Project or dynamic Web Project).
>     2. Which is main file(Initial Start up) ?
>     3. Can u please explain a sample flow of code in sakai.
>     Can anyone assist me regarding this.
>     Regards,
>     Praveen Vasudev S
>     subject of "unsubscribe"

Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
No hay que atacar al poder si no tienes la seguridad de destruirlo.
(Niccolo Maquiavelo)