[Building Sakai] Eclipse metadata files (reviving an old proposal)

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Apr 22 11:31:23 PDT 2009

Anthony Whyte wrote:

> Aaron also recommended removing these metadata files completely
> from trunk since tools exist for generating them locally.  I'd
> like resurrect this proposal and see if the community thinks
> that removing these files is a good idea.  See the sakai-dev
> thread for more details of that earlier discussion.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Remove-Replace-all-eclipse-files-for-2.6-release--to19690993.html#a19690993

+1 for removal.

In addition, we may want to take this opportunity to update the
"de facto" Sakai Subversion config file:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/trunk/svn/config

to exclude .classpath files from the Subversion repo. I think
this would be with a "global-ignores" entry per:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.confarea.html#svn.advanced.confarea.opts.config

In addition, we could update it for use with *.metaproperties
files as I described here:

http://www.nabble.com/de-facto-Subversion-config-file-td19036407.html

last year.

Seth