[Building Sakai] 2.6.x getCurrentAcademicSessions problem

Zach A. Thomas zach at aeroplanesoftware.com
Wed Apr 22 09:35:10 PDT 2009

I'm just starting to do some projects in Sakai 2.6.x, and something
has come up with course-management that looks like a bug, but maybe I
just don't know what I'm talking about.

In the Hibernate course management implementation,
AcademicSessionCmImpl has a new property "boolean current" since 2.5.x
and a corresponding column in the database table it creates. It has a
new query for looking up current academic sessions that just looks for
IS_CURRENT = true.

This all seems reasonable enough, except that there is nothing in the
AcademicSession interface to allow you to get or set this property,
nor does AcademicSessionCmImpl have a constructor that includes this
property. IS_CURRENT is false by default, with the result being that
courseManagementService.getCurrentAcademicSessions() always returns an
empty list.

Anyone else seen this already? Have I overlooked something obvious?

cheers,
Zach Thomas
Owner, Aeroplane Software LLC
http://aeroplanesoftware.com