[Building Sakai] Creating a link to your tool from the LHS nav bar

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 10:54:34 PDT 2009

2009/4/18 Patrick Fong <pfong at unimelb.edu.au>:
> Hi
>
> Where can I put that
> (org.sakaiproject.site.api.SitePage.setPopup(boolean)) in my code? If
> I'm using Wicket, I have a BasePage.java (and html), do I put it there?
> Where can I get a reference of it?
>
> So only SitePage.setPopup is the only thing required?

I think so, I haven't actually tried it but from reading the source of
the Web Content tool (org.sakaiproject.web.tool.IFrameAction). If your
tools gets added through Site Info then you probably want to add
support for setting the page to be a popup when it gets added to the
site rather than having the tool aware of this.

Site Info (SiteAction.java) is a bit of a beast though. Is your tool
going to be added to lots of sites in Sakai? or just in one or two
places. If the latter then you can just add it manually and use the
sites tool to make the page a popup.

--
 Matthew Buckett