[Building Sakai] Building Sakai on MacOS X Server

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Sun Apr 19 01:49:35 PDT 2009

The quick summary is that using a scope other than provided in
dependency management causes that dependency to fail when used in any
poms that inherit the DM. If you want to know more details about the
failure then the previous threads on sakai-dev have some pretty good
ones. Here is the issue ticket:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2919

It is a known bug and this was known when the issue was discussed last
time but the community vote was to support 2.0.6. If you would like to
spearhead a vote to change the required version of maven in the poms
and update the documentation to explain to OSX users how to upgrade
maven then I think it is worth starting a new thread about it. I am
pretty sure this needs to wait until after 2.6 is fully released and
would have to be maintained separately from the 2.6.x code as well.

-AZ