[Building Sakai] Building Sakai on MacOS X Server

Stephen Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Apr 18 15:26:10 PDT 2009

Sure. I'm still away though. After the previous issues I thought
someone may have already updated the poms. I'll do it when I get back
in a few days if no one else gets to it first.

One point I'd like to raise, if the issue is that the scope cannot be
inherited from the project's main pom in Maven 2.0.6, ie from the
dependencyManagement block, and if this is a bug in Maven, then we
need to vote to use a newer Maven version and not support workarounds
for bugs. I'm not sure if it is a bug in the old versions or a feature
from the later versions (and can't look it up, the net connection here
is too dodgy).

+1 for a vote!

cheers,
Steve