[Building Sakai] IE8 compatibility

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Apr 13 12:47:43 PDT 2009

This was partially captured in some discussions a few times on nabble.
http://www.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--IE-8-td22607387.html

I believe that easiest the workaround was that if you added a meta tag

portal/portal-render-engine-impl/pack/src/webapp/vm/defaultskin/macros.vm

Then it should fix most of the your site if you're using the default
portal and skin. This should probably be made up as a real patch with
IE8 being officially released, until we can confirm that all of the
tools work. Or just leave it in IE7 compatability mode.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Browser+Support

-Matthew