[Building Sakai] Attaching files with no user interaction. Can it be done?

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Sun Apr 12 09:05:37 PDT 2009

You can also store content in Content  Hosting directly from another
webapp.  You will need to inject the Content Hosting Service into the
class that needs to do this.  CHS has methods for creating new
resources and folders. This seems like a better approach than the
access servlet if your tool is inside sakai.

The filepicker is also a good approach because sakai users will be
familiar with the user interface for either uploading a new file or
selecting an existing resource.  But if you are creating the file by
recording audio or video and streaming that directly into your tool,
then maybe you will want to save the file in CHS using the API.

Jim