[Building Sakai] Attaching files with no user interaction. Can it be done?

Casey Dunn caseyd.stan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:32:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Tiago Gaspar <tiagocgaspar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Sorry to insisit, i really need a way out...
>
> any one?

Tiago, hi there.

I didn't follow the detail of your original message (below) asto just how
your sakai tool recorded audio and video and
stored the results in some kind of media servers. Or did you want to
duplicate the content in Sakai? if so then why
have media servers? wassup with that?

however here are some other ideas for you:

A) store a reference (URL, etc) in Sakai to whatever external gateway the
media servers provide.
B) push the content into sakai using the the CHS Access servlet.

My company just finished a project for Stanford wherein a standalone app
displays QT movies and records QT movies as responses, storing
all the content in Sakai sites. Sakai is used for ACLs and such.