[Building Sakai] How to uninstall a tool from Sakai ?

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Sat Apr 4 02:21:08 PDT 2009

There used to be a way to uninstall tools when sakai used maven 1 but
now you have to remove the parts manually yourself. If you do the
maven build of the scorm player yourself and see which artifacts are
deployed you can removed them yourself.

>From the maven log which appears when you do the build:
This will tell you the bits which went into shared:
[INFO] [sakai:deploy]
[INFO] Found 0 artifacts
[INFO] Copy /opt/mytools/evaluation/api/m2-target/sakai-evaluation-api-1.2.2.jar
to /opt/tomcat/shared/lib/sakai-evaluation-api-1.2.2.jar

This will tell you the component:
[INFO] [sakai:deploy]
[INFO] Deploying
org.sakaiproject.evaluation:sakai-evaluation-pack:sakai-component as
an unpacked component
[INFO] Unpacking
/opt/mytools/evaluation/pack/m2-target/sakai-evaluation-pack-1.2.2.war
to /opt/tomcat/components/sakai-evaluation-pack
[INFO] Expanding:
/opt/mytools/evaluation/pack/m2-target/sakai-evaluation-pack-1.2.2.war
into /opt/tomcat/components/sakai-evaluation-pack

This will tell you the webapp:
[INFO] Copy /opt/mytools/evaluation/tool/m2-target/sakai-evaluation-tool-1.2.2.war
to /opt/tomcat/webapps/sakai-evaluation-tool.war

Just manually remove those files from the directories in tomcat and
you should be able to remove it.
-AZ