[Building Sakai] How to get siteId from a SAKAI tool

Stephen Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 13:06:15 PDT 2009

Hey Luiz,

Looks like you may be using the static cover of ToolManager? What does
your import statement for the ToolManager look like (ie does it have
cover or api in the package)?

I do it this way:

import org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolManager;

then

private ToolManager toolManager;
public void setToolManager(ToolManager toolManager) {
	this.toolManager = toolManager;
}

public String getCurrentSiteId(){
	return toolManager.getCurrentPlacement().getContext();
}

But in my components.xml that is deployed to TOMCAT/components/my-tool/
WEB-INF/components.xml I have it injected:

<bean id="uk.ac.lancs.e_science.mytool.api.SakaiProxy"
     	class="uk.ac.lancs.e_science.mytool.impl.SakaiProxyImpl">
         <property name="toolManager"
ref="org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ToolManager" />
</bean>

That should work for any user in my tool. How have you got it all wired?

cheers,
Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg