[sakai-core-team] Github pages - training?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Mar 31 07:11:02 PDT 2015

Yes, I was originally thinking of Release documentation moving from
Confluence to Github [1].  My thinking was that maybe that would make the
documentation easier to manage, and easier to accept contributions. Plus, I
hope someday that instead of having documentation on Confluence,
Sakaiproject.org, and source.sakaiproject.org/release , we could have one
source of release documentation and pull it into other places as needed.

Lately, I've been thinking about the documentation for contributing
Security patches , which is a different process than contributing
non-Security patches. And I also want to document the new email Apereo
Google groups, how to use them, who the audience is for each list, any
conventions for writing to the list (for example, the new sakai-dev will
include accessibility, i18n, etc. Having a convention to put [i18n] , etc.
in the subject line could be useful for filtering. )

I think it would be cool if we could have a documentation sub-group to come
up with a strategy and plan for managing our documentation. We have a
documentation group but that group is focused on Sakai Help documentation,
not technical.

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-pmc/2015-February/001072.html

Thanks,