[sakai-core-team] Github pages - training?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Mar 31 06:56:46 PDT 2015

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what you mean either, Neah,

For a few of the PR's that have come in, I've suggested that we start a
documentation that mentions special configuration (like tool properties
which we currently don't have any place for) or anything else. One example
is the README.md documentation in user that Brian did to support that.

https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/tree/master/user

Also Lessons has a large documentation page
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/tree/master/lessonbuilder

I think it would be convenient if every tool had a documentation page.
Earle had talked about getting a basic template setup in each directory,
but it would take some work to have someone either pull info over from
confluence or have a developer fill them out. Some of these are already
better documented in confluence (sitestats, profile2, search) some of them
have hardly any docs. But even if they are documented over there I think
it's hard to find. I think either pulling that confluence over to a
README.md and having that the authoritative source, or at minimal a link to
the confluence page from github would be nice.

There is a https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai-documentation repository,
but I don't know anything about the goals of that.