[sakai-core-team] Change in role not flushing permissions

Earle Nietzel enietzel at anisakai.com
Mon Mar 16 14:12:16 PDT 2015

So I double checked the changes in KNL-1325 and it does not affect this...

What I found was that this cache
org.sakaiproject.authz.api.SecurityService.cache
is causing the issue your seeing.

This is the method that is being checked in SiteAction
boolean allowUpdateSite = SiteService.allowUpdateSite(siteId);

which corresponds to this service method:
org.sakaiproject.authz.impl.SakaiSecurity.checkAuthzGroups(String, String,
String, Collection<String>)

Next would need to look at invalidation around this cache, but thats all I
have for today!

earle,
asahi net int.