[sakai-core-team] nightly and github...

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jan 6 12:03:28 PST 2015

Hi Beth,

Both of the nighties, experimental and regular are built from github, the
footer is not *entirely* incorrect, as it is still using svn to do the
checkout from github. :) I switched them over last week during the
migration. I know it was working because they both broke a few times. ;)

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2014-December/029598.html

The nightly 8082 runs
svn checkout -q --non-interactive --trust-server-cert
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/trunk sakai

The nightly 8085 runs
svn co -q --non-interactive --trust-server-cert
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-experimental
sakai

(This is still checking out from svn, but the externals there if you
checked it out points entirely to github directories)

Github has some magic where it can make a git repostiory work like an svn
one which was convenient for getting it going on nightly quickly.

We are still working on different nightlies on AWS, don't have a firm ETA
for those yet. The server is running but some more work to get them rebuilt
periodically needs to be done, and some additional work re-setting up
domain forwards because of another problem that recently came up.