[sakai-core-team] Git Workflow for commits

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Feb 23 17:46:37 PST 2015

So today I ran into my first PR that github wouldn't merge with the button.
Yeah, I haven't been running git long.

So I ran a

git fetch upstream && git merge upstream/master

in the branch, and it said there was a commit, I fixed the commit,
recommitted and pushed it all back into the branch. And it committed and
looked okay but it added a new commit message. I don't know how to *squash*
this or do anything to it. Does it matter? Do we have a process for this? I
could close this and start again.

Anyone have any great workflow when there's a conflict?

https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/pull/204