[sakai-core-team] Documentation : database and older Sakai releases

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Jun 18 05:24:32 PDT 2014

That wasn't worded very well. I meant to say, here are a proposed
changes to blurbs. Please see below.

The key points on these blurbs is that instead of saying we are
supporting the most recent two releases, we are saying that we are fully
supporting the most recent release (soon to be Sakai 10) only.  I think
that reflects closer to reality, but it is not what we have been saying,
I think.

For database choices the two big questions are 1) MySql 5.5 and later?
or should we mention support for 5.1? That was lightly debated on an
earlier thread. 2) We have been saying that Sakai supports MySql and
Oracle, which is true, however the way I worded the statement below
indicates a preference for MySql. That *seems* to be true, but will it
give Oracle institutions pause to see that?  (asking which database
institutions are using might also be a good question addition for our
yearly Sakai upgrade survey.)

Thanks,
Neal

--