[sakai-core-team] Couple or large changes to caching and eventing merging back to Sakai 10

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 02:01:55 PDT 2014

There's recently been some good work on making Sakai work with
standard JSR-107 caches [1] and allowing events to be propagated
through a mechanism other than the database [2]. Both of these
features make Sakai easier to deploy in large setups and should make
better use of existing resources.

However I'm just a little concerned that merging these back into the
Sakai 10 branch while we are trying to cut a release risks holding up
the release. I was under the impression that features for Sakai 10
should have gone in by January 15 [3].

I'm raising this partly because locally we are looking to run Sakai 10
early and have been working on reviewed how local changes interact
with what we believed to be the features in the Sakai 10 branch.

Aaron has said that this was all discussed before the cutoff[4] but
not having been able to attend ApereoCamp I don't know what was said.

[1] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1162
[2] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1184
[3] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PMC/Proposal%3A+Sakai+10+release+schedule
[4] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1162?focusedCommentId=190160&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-190160

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford