[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Sakai role system 101

Kurosch Petzold kurosch.petzold at fu-berlin.de
Thu May 15 13:57:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

thanks for your reply. That link was really helpful, though I knew most of
it already.

Please bear with me as there are some stupid understanding issues included.

So my questions are:
[] First of all there are four models of RBAC in general (Core, Hierarchy,
Constraint and Consolidate). Sakais model uses something similar to the
core model right?

[] RBAC96 hierarchy model (I mean hierarchy part) may be simulated to some
extend with syncs between !site.template.course with course sites (updates
can be inherited through sync) or through the !site.helper realm

[] Is it possible to have admin roles with different permissions? Have an
admin without "become user" capability or limited permissions in something
like worksite setup -> can only create project sites or site and realm
browser with view only functionality? if not is it planned?

[] Could you elaborate on the groups part? What are they used for, can the
group.* realms override permissions from site.* realms?

[] Just out of curiosity who developed that model?

Thanks,
Kurosch Petzold