[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Database migrating to VM server

Mike De Simone michael.desimone at rsmart.com
Fri Mar 15 07:11:28 PDT 2013

We saw something a while ago where paravirtual mode wasn't enabled, leading
to IO issues.  Installing vmware or xen tools onto the guest OS is how one
gets that going, so I'd double check for PV mode.

Otherwise, if you haven't already, I would make sure the CPU utilization on
both the VM & underlying host node are not overtaxed.  Solving the former
is easier than the latter however :)

Thanks,

Mike DeSimone
Application Operations Manager