[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Database migrating to VM server

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Mar 15 06:23:56 PDT 2013

Well, you just added a large layer between your database server and a real
disk.  A degradation of 10% seems pretty normal and expected.  Around 20%
and I believe there's probably room for painstaking IO optimization work.
 But unless you have the ability to read/write from native disk, I don't
think you can ever expect to go back to native disk performance.

--Sam