[Deploying Sakai] Heads up on Sakai CLE 2.9.3

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Jun 20 11:08:43 PDT 2013

[dev, qa, prod]

Hi folks,

Pending TCC approval we are looking at a CLE 2.9.3 release for July 2013.
This is intended as a small, targeted release in which the focus is on
getting the release completed before the August/September timeframe to give
institutions time to implement for the beginning of their school year.

If approved, AntiSamy will be on with a default High setting. The
difference between AntiSamy High and Low settings in Sakai is that High
restricts embeds and objects to a known set of safe hosts. It is a
configurable Sakai property, and the AntiSamy rules are also configurable
within Sakai. More on AntiSamy in general -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AntiSamy_Project   and
within Sakai in particular - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1015

Tentative Target dates
-----------------------
- week of July 1 - Merge issues and cut a 2.9.3-rc01
- week of July 8 - Test rc01.
- week of July 15 - CLE 2.9.3 production (assuming an rc02 is not needed)

We'll keep you posted when dates are finalized and test plans are ready.
Please feel free to ask questions, express concerns, ask about specific
Jiras, etc.

Thanks!

--
Neal Caidin