[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 2.9 and Redhat 6

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 18:21:27 PDT 2013

By 'Redhat  does not support Tomcat 7' do you mean the RH packages?  You
should not be using them. You should be taking a zip/tar from
tomcat.apache.org, extracting it and deploying Sakai into it.

There are incompatibilities in Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 6/7 and we needed to
make a decision to move forward, since Tomcat 5.5 has been end of life for
some time now.

The Jira for this is here:

cheers,
Steve