[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Database message bundle overrides

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu Jan 31 10:08:59 PST 2013

Right now changes don't get propagated from the bundles.  If you turn
this on, you are essentially saying, I want the db to take over and be
the authoritative source of bundle data.  New properties (like from an
upgrade) will get inserted.  I suppose it would be possible to address
this issue though, as we do store a default value, so we could check
if that default value has changed in the bundle and then if so, update
it.  If you put a JIRA in for that I can address it.

We are running this in production, I think the largest instance I can
think of using it, has 9 app nodes, and has gotten to 9 concurrent
users before.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM, Matthew Buckett
<matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Stephen Marquard
> <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone running
>>
>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18678 (Dynamic localization via
>> database backend)
>
> It's not clear to me how changes in property use by the tool are
> updating in the bundles stored in the database. New property values
> are inserted, but I can't see anything about changes to existing ones.
>
> At the moment if I change a .properties file in the build, attempting
> to apply the same patch to a newer .properties file may result in the
> patch failing and so an indication that the local changes need to be
> examined.
>
> --
>   Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford

John Bush
602-490-0470