[Deploying Sakai] Keeping access to graduated student's data

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Apr 17 11:18:15 PDT 2013

Forwarded from sakai-dev
Subject: [Building Sakai] Keeping access to graduated student's data

We are looking for a way to allow faculty to keep access to student data
from graduating students. Because we provision our users through our
ldap server, when they graduate and are removed from the ldap server, a
faculty member looking back at a quiz or assignment or in the gradebook,
will have no data for students no longer active.

We are looking for suggestions and ideas on how other schools are
dealing with this. If you keep graduated students in the ldap, do you
see any performance issues as the ldap database grows? How large is your
ldap database (i.e., number of students)? Is there another way of
keeping students around such as adding their details permanently to the
Sakai database? What are the performance and maintenance issues with this?

Any suggestions, cautions or other information gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Kathy Faella
University of Rhode Island

--
Katherine Faella                        tel: (401) 874-4469
Sr. Technical Programmer                kmf at uri.edu
University of Rhode Island
University Computing Systems(UCS)
210 Flagg Road