[Deploying Sakai] database load in 2.9

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 12 05:02:52 PDT 2012

We had a database performance problem the first week in Sept. Last year our database server ran 10 - 20% load, now and then up to 30%. This year it was doubt that. 60% average indicates we don't have enough to handle peaks, and in fact user performance was bad.

This wasn't such a big deal, because I had a new server ready. I just accelerated moving it into production. It's possible that something about our load has changed, but it could also indicate a greater database load for 2.9.