[Deploying Sakai] Status of Sakai CLE 2.9.0

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Sun Nov 4 14:11:42 PST 2012

Hi all,

Summary
-------------------------------

Sakai CLE 2.9.0 is nearing release.

Our current target date is Friday November 7.
Our backup date is November 20.
Our second backup date is November 29.

Help with QA testing is appreciated. For details please see - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.9+Test+Fest

Details
Sakai CLE 2.9.0-rc03, release candidate 03 (RC03), was released on Friday, November 2. If no blockers are found during QA testing and if TCC (Technical Coordination Committee) approves,  RC03 will be re-cut as the production release of 2.9.0 .

Sakai CLE release experienced a few delays which probably cost us at least several business days in our schedule. These delays included Hurricane Sandy, problems with one of the QA servers, and some potential blocker issues which needed to be reviewed.

Regards,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org