[Deploying Sakai] roster photos in 2.8.1

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Jun 14 07:02:42 PDT 2012

I'm trying to use url's to official photos instead, but those don't show up
either.  I've inserted a record for my profile like:

insert into profile_images_official_t ( user_uuid, url ) values (
'my_uuid', 'https://aserver.mtholyoke.edu/pictures/me.jpg' );

I have configured sakai.properties like:

profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
profile2.picture.change.enabled=false
profile2.privacy.change.enabled=true
profile2.picture.type=official
profile2.official.image.enabled=true
profile2.official.image.source=url

After restarting tomcat, I still see no official photo for my profile when
I select 'Use University Id Picture' on my profile page.  Also, even though
have profile2.picture.change.enabled=false, I still have the option to
either display 'None', 'Use University Id Picture', or 'Use Picture URL' in
my profile page.  That doesn't seem right either.

What might I be doing wrong here?

-Ron-