[Deploying Sakai] install MySQL server 5.1 on CentOs sever 6.2

Robert Cohen robert.cohen at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 18 19:25:40 PDT 2012

Why do you want to install it in /opt.
You're much better off using the system mysql.

Just do a "yum install mysql mysql-server"
The mysql will be installed in /usr/bin and will be in your standard path.

As far as the query browser goes, I've never installed it before so my
knowledge is
limited. But it looks like its been replace by the mysql workbench.
You can download a rpm from dev.mysql.com
and install it manually.

=======================================
Robert Cohen
Information Technology Infrastructure