[Deploying Sakai] New Sakai node not pulling in the first search journal transaction

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 5 04:12:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Matthew Buckett
<matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> We've got a new node that we are attempting to add to our Sakai
> cluster (2.8.x) and when we bring it up most things are ok, but it
> always seems to ignore the first entry in the search journal and only
> merge the later ones into it's local index, as the journal has been
> optimised this first transaction is huge (GBs) and so most of the
> search index is missing from this node.

I have seen this. To work around it, you could try the following:

1) Copy the local indexes from another nodes to the new one
2) Update a row in the SEARCH_NODE_STATUS (?) table for the new node
to be identical to the one you copied the indexes from.

Seth