[Deploying Sakai] Best Browsers for Sakai?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at duke.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:06:02 PDT 2011

Hello,

We are on Sakai 2.7 . Anecdotally it seems that Google Chrome has more errors than other types of browser when connecting to our system.  The message is "Google Chrome could not load the webpage because sakai.duke.edu took too
long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues
with your Internet connection."
"
Especially in the Calendar module on the My Workspace tab.

I don't seem to have this problem with Firefox.

Any suggestions? Known issues with Google Chrome? Possible configuration issues on our server?

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin, PMP
Head, Applications - Center for Instructional Technology
Perkins/Bostock Library
Duke University
(919) 660-5981
neal.caidin at duke.edu