[Deploying Sakai] Oracle question from DBA

Dario P dario_d_u at unitech.com.ar
Fri Oct 7 14:40:54 PDT 2011

1) We have been working with Oracle 11g r2, since aug/2011, no problems
at all so far.

2) Blobs are stored in long type columns in Oracle. That won't make your
dba happy precisely... Long columns are deprecated in Oracle since ages.
Use file system approach.

You could use the posix file system that Oracle 11g r2 has
( http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/DBFS_11gR2.php )  in order to
simplify your backups , but I did not test it myself, and do not know
anything performance, stability and compatibility.

Greetings

(sorry for my english)