[Deploying Sakai] course setup

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Mar 24 07:55:09 PDT 2011

Yea, course management in Sakai is "kind of" an add-on functionality that
many institutions have to end up writing custom implementations of. [1]
There is a sample "in the box" implementation of course management that uses
the SampleDataLoader in edu-servies to display the terms. [2]  If you start
Sakai with -Dsakai.demo=true you'll get recent terms and some sample courses
populated in this table.

After that, you have to manipulate this table with SQL queries Aaron gave or
write your own provider to implement functions like getAcademicSession.
There's no UI to manipulate this, but you probably have something like
SQLDeveloper that makes it easy enough as it's just a single table
(CM_ACADEMIC_SESSION_T).

[1]
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Course+Management+Integration
[2]