[Deploying Sakai] Source Install

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:07:09 PST 2011

You run mvn clean install ... from either the root of the Sakai source if you want to install everything, or from a module if you want to install just that module. So for the LDAP work you'd do it just from the providers directory.

cheers,
Steve

On 12/03/2011, at 4:15 PM, Larry Dougher wrote:

> I know I did that when I was following along with Zach's video.  Obviously I didn't do it correctly.  Should I run that from ~/ or /sakai-2.7.0 or does it matter?
>
> Thanks Steve,
>
> Larry
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 12, 2011, at 12:12 AM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Larry,
>>
>> Maven is telling you whats up.
>>
>>> [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'sakai:deploy'
>>>
>>> [0] Inside the definition for plugin 'sakai' specify the following:
>>>
>>> <configuration>
>>>   <deployDirectory>VALUE</deployDirectory>
>>> </configuration>
>>>
>>> -OR-
>>>
>>> on the command line, specify: '-Dmaven.tomcat.home=VALUE'
>>

>> You need to specify:
>>
>> -Dmaven.tomcat.home=VALUE
>>
>> Just as you would have had to when you initially built Sakai. You can either set this in your settings.xml for maven, or on the command line, ie
>> mvn clean install sakai:deploy -Dmaven.tomcat.home=/path/to/your/tomcat
>>
>> cheers,
>> Steve
>>

>> On 12/03/2011, at 4:00 PM, Larry Dougher wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> I have followed your LDAP directions and think I have uncommented and edited the xml files I need to but when I went to go rebuild and redeploy the providers project I got a Build Error so I don't think it took.  Here it is:
>>>
>>> pstest:~ admin$ cd sakai-2.7.0/providers/
>>> pstest:providers admin$ mvn clean install sakai:deploy
>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>> [INFO] Reactor build order:
>>> [INFO]   Sakai Providers Project
>>> [INFO]   sakai-allhands-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-coursemanagement-authz-provider-impl
>>> [INFO]   sakai-coursemanagement-authz-provider-impl
>>> [INFO]   sakai-sample-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-jldap-provider-mock
>>> [INFO]   sakai-jldap-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-provider-pack
>>> [INFO]   sakai-federating-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-imsent-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-kerberos-provider
>>> [INFO]   sakai-openldap-provider
>>> WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
>>> [INFO] Building Sakai Providers Project
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install, sakai:deploy]
>>> [INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
>>> [INFO] [site:attach-descriptor {execution: default-attach-descriptor}]