[Deploying Sakai] Source Install

Larry Dougher ldougher at windsorschools.net
Fri Mar 11 11:18:12 PST 2011

Hi all,

I believe I'm very close to finishing a source install of Sakai (hat tip:
Steve Swinsburg) for a pilot this spring/summer but I've hit a snag.  I seen
in the installation notes this:  Unix/Mac users should make sure that they
have write permissions to the Tomcat servlet container files and directories
before proceeding or startup permission errors may occur.

And here is what I get when I try to run startup.sh:

pstest:sakai-2.7.0 admin$ ../apache-tomcat-5.5.33/bin/startup.sh
-bash: ../apache-tomcat-5.5.33/bin/startup.sh: Permission denied

admin though has read/write permissions for startup.sh as far as I can tell.
 What am I missing?

Thanks!,

Larry Dougher

Technology Coordinator / ACSP 10.6 / ACMT

Windsor School District

http://windsorschools.net