[Deploying Sakai] problem with modifications in sakai.properties doesnt work.

anders.nordqvist at his.se anders.nordqvist at his.se
Tue Jun 7 02:34:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

When I first Installed Sakai I put -Dsakai.home=/path to sakai-home (not tomcat home) in the tomcat setenv.sh file. I have a directory named sakai with sakai.properties in tomcat. I have noticed that when I change sakai.properties the modifications doesn't work when I log in to sakai (one example is that I raised the content.upload another Is that I stealthed a couple of tools). Whe I try to remove or change the Dsakai.home parameter it doesn't work at all. I just get a bunch of java errors in catalina.out as you can see below. This is a small selection of the error code!

om.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.ConnectException
MESSAGE: Connection refused

STACKTRACE:

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)

Why cant I change the Dsakai.home and why isn't my modifications of sakai.properties working?

mvh
Anders N