[Deploying Sakai] FW: how to import lessonbuilder to an empty course

anders.nordqvist at his.se anders.nordqvist at his.se
Wed Aug 31 00:41:24 PDT 2011

From: Anders Nordkvist
Sent: den 31 augusti 2011 09:40
To: 'Hedrick Charles'
Subject: RE: [Deploying Sakai] how to import lessonbuilder to an empty course

Hi,

Im having trouble understanding the two SAK-files. Do I need both of them to fix my problem of importing from one instance to another? (Or maybe just SAK-19686) When I look at the first one (SAK-18616) and its diff-file (Sitemanage.diff) it looks like its incomplete. The last function is not complete?

// for course sites
String siteType = (String) state.getAttribute(STATE_SITE_TYPE);
if (siteType != null && siteType.equalsIgnoreCase((String) state.getAttribute(STATE_COURSE_SITE_TYPE))) {

In the second SAK-file (19686) it also says that the first one (SAK-18616) doesn't solve all problems of this issue!
My questions are, do I need both files for importing to work? How do I apply the fixes (Is it the best way to diff the SiteAction file with the fix-diff file from Jira and just apply the changes to SiteAction)?

I also wonder how your University are reusing course material! Is it a good way to create a new course and use the import function to import everything from another course or can this cause problem in some way?

Im sorry for all my questions but im rather new to Sakai and am still learning a lot!

Best regards
Anders Nordkvist
System administrator
University College of Skövde