[Deploying Sakai] OAE, who's going to use email out

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:09:38 PDT 2011

A question (or two) for the OAE Pilot Support Group, (OPS-G?)

Here at Berkeley we've disabled email-out because there isn't a UI that allows users set email preferences as to which messages they received. We see a risk that the amount of email generated will discourage use of the system.

So there are a couple of questions here:
- Who has email turned on for their pilot, or will have email turned on?
- Is this an issue that we want to escalate to the URG?

Thanks,
Eli

Eli Cochran
User Interaction Developer &
Manager of User Experience Design
Educational Technology Services, UC Berkeley

"The opportunity lost by increasing the amount of blank space is gained back with enhanced attention to what remains."
    - John Maeda