[Deploying Sakai] UPDATE: sakai-2.7.2, sakai-2.8.1 maintenance releases

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Aug 2 05:31:20 PDT 2011

NEXT STEPS

I plan to create the sakai-2.7.2 release branch on Tuesday, 2 Aug 2011 (today), in order to prep pom files, etc. for the release.  A release branch for sakai-2.8.1 will likely follow on Wednesday, 3 Aug 2011, once I've had a chance to confer with Sam Ottenhoff, 2.8.x branch manager, regarding his view on the release readiness of 2.8.x.

Once all blockers have been resolved, tested and merged I will begin the process of tagging the two releases, generating binaries and creating release artifacts (demo, bin, src) as well as releasing an associated indie projects.

sakai-2.7.2 will include 330+ fixes; sakai-2.8.1 will include 150+ fixes.

CONCERNS

If an open ticket exists that you believe should block one or both releases please feel to post your concern (including a rationale) on list (sakai-dev or production).  If the ticket is security-related please forward your concerns to security at sakaifoundation.org.

Cheers,

Anthony

__________________________

OPEN BLOCKERS (non-security)

2.7.2  (n=1)
	Oracle conversion scripts  (MySQL conversion script testing complete)

2.8.1 (n=5?)
	Oracle conversion scripts (MySQL conversion testing complete)

	Gradebook NumberFormatException

	Date Picker (non-US locales)
	https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-8268  (patch reverted 17 Jun 2011)

	Gateway hidden page issue
	https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20820 (this should not block 2.8.1 in my view, reporter/assignee agrees)

	Sitestats tool availability issue
       https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-275 (workaround exists, not a blocker in my view)

MERGE REQUESTS

2.7.x/2.7.2 (n=7): https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12212

All current 2.7.2 merge requests are non-blockers that contain merge conflicts.  I have contacted all assignees requesting clean 2.7.x patches. If clean patches are not provided by Wed, 3 August, the fixes will not be included in the release.

2.8.x/2.8.1 (n=8): https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12536

RELEASE DOCUMENTATION

2.7.2.  In progress
2.8.1.  In progress