[Deploying Sakai] Access to Resources area

Nguyen,Peter T PTNguyen3 at mdanderson.org
Wed Sep 22 15:06:22 PDT 2010

Presently, our Sakai portal is exposed to the Internet via port 443 (SSL).  We are trying to find a way to allow our authenticated users to get the items in Resources via port 80 (non-SSL).    I followed the instruction subheading "Securing Individual Tomcat Contexts" from "Sakai Admin Guide - Advanced Tomcat (and Apache) Configuration".  However, that instruction only allow the user to access the content alternatively using port 80  but does not change the URL within Resource area to http.   My suspicion that the HttpAccess servlet needs to be configured/modified but I'm not sure how to modify. Is there any properties file or configuration file that will allow me to do this?
Peter Nguyen