[Deploying Sakai] Swapping behavior on 8gb machine with 6gb JVM heap

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Tue Sep 14 09:08:29 PDT 2010

On 09/14/2010 10:32 AM, Martin B. Smith wrote:

> I know a lot of folks out there are using app servers with 8 gigs of RAM
> and limiting the JVM to 6 gigs of heap. Are any of you also seeing any
> of your JVM process put into swap?

If it helps, here are the JVM settings we're using:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy
-XX:+UseBiasedLocking"
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=3 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=18
-Xmx5120m -Xms5120m
-XX:MaxNewSize=512m  -XX:NewSize=256m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:PermSize=256m