[Deploying Sakai] Switching from 2.6 to 2.7: Too many open files

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Fri Sep 3 06:11:04 PDT 2010

Thank you all,

Solved this on my side while you were answering (thanks to google and
mail archives). I've added the following lines to /etc/security/limits.conf:
sakai soft nofile 2048
sakai hard nofile 2048

I didn't go as far as Robert, but doubled from 1024 to 2048 on my test
server which is halfway right now:

$ /usr/sbin/lsof -p 9396 | wc -l
1537

Cheers,