[Deploying Sakai] Switching from 2.6 to 2.7: Too many open files

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Sep 3 05:54:39 PDT 2010

Yea, we had to do that recently as we are running 2.6 + contrib tools. If
you run an "lsof -p <process>" on the running Sakai process you'd see that
it has to keep all those jars open. We were probably really close to the
default 1024 limit for most OSes with this last release, 2.7 certainly
pushed that over. Am at ~1697 locally with the extra tools included.

tomcat at gemini:/home/jonespm$ lsof -p 30488 | wc
   1697   15143  248412

Ref:
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2010-April/006887.html

-Matthew