[Deploying Sakai] Installing Sakai on Ubuntu

Mike De Simone michael.desimone at rsmart.com
Fri May 21 10:11:46 PDT 2010

That's a good point David.  Also, since Sakai 2.6.x requires java 1.5, the
repo installed version in Ubuntu may not be 1.5 by default, so that would
also be a candidate for manual installation (not what you are looking for,
but on the upside, it's quick & easy to install jdk .bin file in linux).

On the other hand, I just double checked my ubuntu repo and it has java 1.5
and 1.6 as options.  However, I'm running 8.10 which is a little older, not
sure what newer ones will have available.

Thanks,

Mike DeSimone
Sr. Technical Consultant
rSmart