[Deploying Sakai] Can't log in with clustering

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Wed Mar 17 20:10:09 PDT 2010

On 3/17/2010 8:41 PM, Kusnetz, Jeremy wrote:
> I think that is what the problem is, I won't be able to try it out until the morning, fingers crossed!
>
> I googled jvmroute and balancermember and came up with this thread, this is exactly what I'm seeing:
>
> http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-August/003271.html
>
> I'll let you know if this works.

Hi Jeremy,

FWIW, I discovered that if I set serverId in sakai.properties, I could
omit jvmroute -- it appeared to be the same as the serverId property. I
did test using jvmroute, but the JSESSIONID cookie didn't look any
different.

If it helps for you to follow conventions, our convention is using the
FQDN for each application server as the route, and setting serverId to
the same value. It also helps users and support staff see which node
they're on by putting that name in the footer of every page.

Keep us posted,
--
Martin B. Smith
smithmb at ufl.edu - (352) 273-1374