[Deploying Sakai] Help - CPU Pegged

Cheryl Cramer cramerc at willamette.edu
Tue Mar 2 18:13:05 PST 2010

We are running an instance of Sakai 2.6; two load-balanced servers.  Red
Hat Linux.  Nothing in the system has changed that we know of since Jan.
5, 2010.  At 1 AM today, one server CPU suddenly pegged at 98-100%; the
other ran fine until 9 AM, when it exhibited the same problem.  We've
stopped and restarted both several times; they will run for anywhere
from 20 minutes to several hours before CPU use climbs to 100% again.
We haven't been able to find anything consistent in the logs in the time
frames of the events.

Might this be related to #SAK-11098?  Any suggestions of what to look
for to help troubleshoot this problem?  Is there a fix if the problem
continues to recur after restarting?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cheryl

--
Cheryl Cramer