[Deploying Sakai] sakai installation problem

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:16:50 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Mike De Simone
<michael.desimone at rsmart.com> wrote:

> JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xmx1500m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
> -Djava.awt.headless=true"
I want to know the meaning of various terms used in above line.
What does
server -Xmx1500m -XX
MaxNewSize=384m
MaxPermSize=512m
means

> CATALINA_PID="$CATALINA_HOME/cle.pid"
> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
> -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false
> -Dhttp.agent=Sakai-News-Tool"

what does
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false
and
-Dhttp.agent=Sakai-News-Tool" mean

> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true"
>
> # in your case, you will have an additional line like:
> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dhttp.proxyHost=cache.some.domain
> -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080"
and what purpose will this proxy serve is it for having an internet
connectivity of Sakai.
I am not clear with purpose of setting this proxy in Sakai.
I till now have not been able to get a working instance of sakai up
neither from binary package nor the source install or demo package
either.
If you read other thread of mine in this forum you will see.
I am new to Tomcat environment but I hope this much problem should not come.
--
Tapas