[Deploying Sakai] Using VMs

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Mon Jan 25 07:00:47 PST 2010

We have a mix of non-VM and VM app servers. I think we have concluded there is no significant difference (in performance, etc.; VMs have obvious advantages in other ways).

Regards
Stephen

>>> "Carl F. Hall" <carl.hall at et.gatech.edu> 1/25/2010 3:43 PM >>>
The ops team at Georgia Tech is continuing to add more VM capabilities to our hosting setup and are now asking about running Sakai on a VM setup.

Are there institutions out there that are using virtual machines in either a test environment or production?  What kind of issues should we be aware of?  How has your experience been with Sakai + VMs?