[Deploying Sakai] Suspected bad i18n behavior of portal

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 02:47:07 PST 2010

2010/1/22 Jean-Francois Leveque <jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr>:

> I thought the only institutions that were running a vanilla Sakai were
> running a pilot.

I think your right that most places in large scale production run
custom versions of the code but forcing people down this route doesn't
encourage new adopters.

> Is Oxford University running a vanilla Sakai in production and using these
> configuration properties?

We have a custom build and have these properties set. I wasn't raising
this issue because it affects Oxford, but because require people to
make custom builds of the software to get small UI changes raises the
bar for people looking at deploying Sakai.

> BTW, I think you can update the resource bundles within Tomcat.

Are you talking about editing the properties files in the deployed
Tomcat? Doesn't that mean the changes get lost if you perform an
upgrade?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services