[Deploying Sakai] Weird Sites tool behavior

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Sat Jan 16 23:07:53 PST 2010

The pagination is not part of the 2.5/2.6 "sites" tool, it was added in this
SAK:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-3963

In the normal Sites UI (on pre 2.7) you should still be able to page through
the list, you'd just have to use the are just items on the menu bar that say
"New Site  Next Page  Last Page " (These change as you click them)

You can do an svn merge on one revision and get these features, however
you'd have to rebuild and redeploy the sites tool. If this is what you were
referring to. :( They are marked for inclusion in 2.7 and on the SVN trunk
nightly builds.

#SAK-3963
svn merge -c 53629 https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/site/trunk site

In addition, there were other SAK's that added widget navigation to other
admin tools for 2.7.

#SAK-14686 (user)
svn merge -c 53547 https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/user/trunk user

#SAK-14629 (realms) -- Can't merge the root of the tool because of conflicts
svn merge -c 53560
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/authz/trunk/authz-tool/tool/srcauthz/authz-tool/tool/src

#SAK-14685 (alias)
svn merge -c 53628 https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/alias/trunk alias

#SAK-14686 (users)
svn merge -c 53547 https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/user/trunk user

-Matthew

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> Can you attach a screenshot?
> I have a local 2.6.x instance and checking the svn updates not much has
> changed since, and the Worksite Setup tool has the pagination on the right
> (Viewing 1 - 20 of 1565 items) etc and the Admin Workspace Sites tool has
it
> in the navbar at the top (Next page, First page, Previous Page, Last page
)
> etc.
> Might be a local skin issue, perhaps hiding the pager?
> Unfortunately nightly2 2.6.x hasn't started up correctly so I can't verify
> there on the latest 2.6.x build.
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 17/01/2010, at 3:18 PM, Paul Gibbs wrote:
>
> After updating 2.6.x (from whatever revision I was at for much of the fall
> term), the Sites tool no longer has any pagination navigation--you can see
> the first 20 sites, but that's it--you can't get to any of the other
sites.
> What on earth...? (!)
>
> Anyone else notice this? Or does anyone else have any idea what's going
on?
> I did talk to someone else who noticed the same issue on his install.
Weird!